Privacy & Security Policy
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet. Upon entry in the consumer’s browser, cardholder data is securely transmitted via HTTPS/TLS v1.2. This transmission takes place directly between the consumer and Heartland. The data is then processed and assigned a token. This tokenized data is then sent to the merchant’s server(s) for storage and future reference. The secure token is the only data that is transmitted between the merchant’s servers and Heartland. As such, no cardholder data ever traverses or is stored on the merchant’s servers.
SecureSubmit provides a unique solution to address the protection of consumer cardholder data entered via browser-based e-commerce applications. SecureSubmit immediately tokenizes the consumer’s sensitive cardholder data and this unique token is then used for all transactional processing. This ensures that the consumer’s information is always secure.